Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Election 2008


Well it looks as though Obama is widening his lead in the overall election, with Real Clear Politics showing him with 286 likely electoral votes compared to 155 likely for McCain. There are still 97 that are too close to call - and Ohio is one of them! The kids and I drove through the county last week on our way to a Halloween haunted house, and took an informal poll counting yard signs (one per house to eliminate the over-enthusiastic!) for both candidates. Starting at the intersection of Auburn and Chardon Rds and ending in Hiram (that's about 28 miles of country roads, winding through the middle of Geauga County), we found: Obama 31, McCain 25. This is probably a bit misleading, as Obama picked up a LOT when we entered Hiram - college town! Otherwise, in the fairly rural areas of Geauga County, I would call if fairly even. Of course we're not statistical in the least - and this does leave out ALL the urban vote. But if you want my opinion, there are many more Obama signs than one would expect in this very conservative area of Ohio, and so I'm hopeful.

I was intending to put out my own Halloween-themed Obama sign, but tenants Ray and Zack (of Helper T-Cell fame) beat me to it - not sure I get why the scarecrow holding the Obama sign has an elephant head, but its cool anyway!

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Maybe the scarecrow has an elephant head because even REPUBLICANS are voting for Obama!

I still like YOUR idea for a Halloween display, Carol:

A ghost brandishing a sign that says:
"Palin: not THAT'S Scary!!!""

L2k

6:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home